When the beautiful colors of fall drift away and the temperature drops you would assume people would hibernate until summer. That is actually the opposite; the moment the snow starts falling, Minnesota springs to life with lots of fun winter activities.
Make sure you dress warm and visit some of the winter festivals this year. There are many cool events happening all over the state.
- Saint Paul Winter Carnival. This magical event is the oldest winter carnival in the U.S. This January, it’s celebrating its 130th year. The carnival is located in historic down town St. Paul. With Ice carvings on display, live outdoor music and delicious food. This is one event that you are not going to want to miss.
- Winter Fest is full of fun activities all while benefiting the non-profits in the Rochester area. Winter Fest features so many fun activities like an ice fishing contest and the mile of Mac and Cheese. Plus, don’t forget to sign up for the In Cahoots Murder Mystery, a fun interactive mystery game.
- Eelpout Festival. Named after a very interesting fish, you know this event is going to be a blast. It brings out the real Minnesotan in everyone. It is held on Leech Lake with everyone staying in their fish houses on the lake for the three day event. As you walk around you can’t help but catch the cheerful energy of people laughing and having a great time. With thousands of people on the lake you will see fun hats, all kinds of fascinating competitions and games, and you can’t forget all the sled trains behind snowmobiles. Grab your friends and head up to the great North for this hilarious event!
Explore The Winter Wonderland
Get out and enjoy the beautiful winter landscape! Don’t let the cold keep you in. Minnesota is full of fun things to do outside all over the state.
- Cross-Country Skiing. There are parks located all over Minnesota. When the snow falls, most parks turn their trails in to cross country ski trails, and some are even groomed. It is a great activity to get outside and experience the peace of the snow and see some amazing wildlife.
- Winter Hiking. You will not believe how warm you get when you’re out hiking in your winter gear. The glistening snow on the trees and the snow packed trails make for a fun winter adventure.
- Snowmobiling. Minnesota has over 22,000 miles of groomed trails. This winter activity lets you experience the local wildlife while going on an adventure. There are places that will let you rent snowmobiles so if you don’t have one. Don’t worry!
Help Bring A Little Magic to a Child’s Life This Season
Winter is a magical time and for many children who would love to experience some of the fun activities Minnesota has to offer. Many children are in and out of hospitals and don’t get to experience all the fun. You can help a child in your community by donating your vehicle to Wheels For Wishes & Wellness. We are a vehicle donation program that benefits local children’s charities. If you’re looking to upgrade you snowmobile or don’t know what to do with that vehicle that has been sitting in your driveway for months, use Wheels For Wishes. We will pick up the vehicle for free anywhere in Minnesota. In return you will get a great tax deduction. All you have to do is call us at 1-866-920-0264 or fill out our online donation form. Once you are done with that, we will call you within 24 hours to find out the best time to pick up your vehicle.
What are you waiting for? Help a child in need today!